Facing and overcoming an addiction of any kind is never an easy process, even if you are ready to take action and commit to the necessary lifestyle changes. If you are struggling with addiction and you are in need of assistance, you may be considering traveling for rehab solutions that work best for you. Understanding the benefits of traveling for rehab and how you can find a rehabilitation center in Mississippi can ultimately help you to overcome your addiction for good.
Is Outpatient or Residential Treatment the Best Option?
Enrolling in a suitable rehab program is not always a simple choice. With many rehab programs available to choose from, you may find yourself stuck in limbo without a proper understanding of your options. Both residential and outpatient rehab treatment programs provide advantages as well as disadvantages, which is why it is important to familiarize yourself with each prior to choosing a rehab program that works for your needs.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
Outpatient treatments are relatively common and are available throughout cities and rural regions alike in the US. An outpatient program does not require an individual to move to a new location or to remain in a set location for an extended period of time, typically the length of a selected or designated rehabilitation program. Some of the most common rehabilitation programs include:
- 12-Step Programs: 12-step programs help provide a safe space for individuals who are seeking a sense of camaraderie among others who have also experienced an addiction to any substance. A 12-step-program can be approached voluntarily as well as by mandate based on a court order, depending on your situation.
- Counseling: Individual counseling with an addiction specialist is another form of outpatient rehab that does not require you to move toa location in order to receive the help, treatment, and guidance necessary to address and face issues with addiction.
- Family Therapy: Another outpatient program that is often helpful for those who have struggled with addiction for years or decades or even those who have struggled with relapse, includes family therapy. Family therapy sessions are extremely beneficial for maintaining and upholding familial relationships and bonds without putting them at risk due to impulsive or regrettable behavior. For those who are struggling to communicate with their family members and loved ones, family therapy and counseling sessions can help to overcome this hurdle with outpatient solutions.
Inpatient Rehab Treatment Programs
An inpatient rehab treatment program requires an individual seeking help to live within the facility or residential treatment program throughout the duration of the program itself. Typically, a residential treatment program for rehab can last anywhere from 30 days to more than 90 days. For those who are in need of long-term care, some residential programs may provide care for longer than 6 months, depending on your needs and individual experience.
Some of the benefits of an inpatient rehab center include:
- Dual Diagnosis: Dual diagnosis can come in handy if you are not only struggling with addiction, but also possible underlying mental health conditions that have gone unaddressed and tended to by previous rehab programs. With dual diagnosis, create a rehabilitation path that is genuinely right for your needs.
- One-on-one Treatment: Working in an inpatient rehab center to overcome addiciton provides you with access to specialists, doctors, addiction professionals, and even therapists who understand addiction and are willing to work with you in a one-on-one environment
Zero Tolerance Environment: If you are in need of an environment that has a zero-tolerance policy in place and one that does not provide access to drugs, alcohol, or any other substances, an inpatient rehab center or program may be optimal for you.
How to Pick a Residential Center
Choosing a residential center for your rehab program greatly depends on your own needs, your history with addiction, as well as your own personality along with your ability to set and stick to goals. If you are struggling with mental health along with addiction, consider a center with a dual diagnosis program. If you are interested in seeking out medications that may help with your addiction, find a residential center that offers MAT, or Medication-Assisted Treatment.
What are the Benefits of a Luxury Option?
Opting for a Mississippi luxury rehab is not only one way to gain peace of mind while focusing solely on your path to recovery, but it also provides the following benefits and opportunities:
- Remove Yourself From Toxic Environments: Traveling for rehab is one of the best ways to remove yourself from toxic environments which may pressure you into relapsing or becoming addicted to any type of substance
- Eliminate emotional and environmental triggers: An entirely new luxury rehab program can help you to clear your mind as you free yourself from the potential environment and emotional triggers that may send you into a relapse
- Work With Professionals: Work with professionals who specialize in addiction recovery and who will work with you to create an individualized care and treatment plan for your future.
Is It Worth Traveling For Treatment?
If you are asking yourself, “Should I travel for rehab?”, it is important to consider your own individual experience with addiction and whether you fare better with family and friends near you or in an entirely new atmosphere. Whenever you are thinking should I travel for rehab, be sure to account for your own wants, needs, as well as the type of treatment you are looking to try for yourself before settling on a decision.
If you have made the decision to seek out a Mississippi luxury rehab program, contact Defining Wellness to learn more about all of our current treatment options and programs. Our technicians are ready to take your call to help you find a rehabilitation treatment solution that is right for you today