Signs & Symptoms of Drug Addiction
Dr. Saurabh Bhardwaj
Dr. Bhardwaj, Medical Director is a Board-Certified Addiction Psychiatrist (ABPN) and currently the Medical Director of Defining Wellness Center in Brandon MS. He is also an Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Medical Director of Center for Innovation & Discovery in Addictions (CIDA) at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He has been in Mississippi since 2018, building Addiction services for the state's only medical center and joined Defining Wellness Center in 2022 to provide specialized dual diagnostic services. He is a recipient of Ruth Fox scholarship from AAAP and trailblazer teaching award from UMMC. He is also a Fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
Identifying Subtle Signs of Drug Addiction
How to Tell If a Person Is On Drugs
Benzodiazepines and Barbiturates
Hallucinogens and Club Drugs
Behavioral Symptoms of Drug Addiction
- The majority of a person’s time is spent thinking about, obtaining, using, or recovering from the drug.
- A person has lost interest in any hobbies, friends, or ambitions besides drug use.
- Despite wanting to cut back, a person keeps using the drug.
- The person frequently experiences intense emotions and mood swings.
- The person finds themselves using more drugs for longer than they originally meant to.
- Responsibilities like making meals, going to school, or caring for children are neglected to do drugs instead.
- While on drugs, the person takes part in risky behavior like driving or unprotected sex.
- The person cannot quit using even when their drug use causes problems like arrests or breakups.
- The person may behave irrationally or do unethical things in their quest for drugs.
When Should You Get Help?
At Defining Wellness, we are devoted to helping people improve their wellbeing. We are happy to consult with potential clients and help you decide what sort of treatment is right for you. Our Mississippi drug rehab center offers a variety of drug addiction treatments, including therapy for mental illness, art-assisted therapy, and group counseling. We provide many types of rehab programs, including medical detox, inpatient rehab, and outpatient rehab. To learn more about our Mississippi drug rehab, get in touch with us now.
Begin your Recovery Today
If you are ready to take the step towards a new life, call Defining Wellness today and learn more about how we can help you.